THE NIGHTCLUB & BAR CONVENTION AND TRADE SHOW CONTINUES TO EXPAND AND ROCK LAS VEGAS
LAS VEGAS, NV (March 26, 2012) – The Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show having wrapped its 27th annual gathering March 12-14, was a resounding success with 662 exhibiting companies (8% increase from 2011). The show saw attendance rise 9% to 34,158 attendees from last year’s 31,000 attendees. The most important beverage, bar and nightclub event of the year, the 2012 NCB Show also included beloved celebrity guests Jon Taffer, Toby Keith, Ne-Yo, Lil Jon, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Dennis Rodman.
“This year’s show was bigger and better than ever. We couldn’t be happier with both the attendee and exhibitor turn out,” stated President of Nightclub & Bar Media Group, Jon Taffer. “The NCB Show featured some exciting new brands including Toby Keith’s Wild Shot Mezcal, Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson’s Street King, Pernod Ricard's new Malibu Red and Avion Tequila, SX Liquors and others along with the return of Heineken to the show, with their ‘Passion for Beer’ program. This industry keeps evolving and I’m proud to say that the Nightclub & Bar Convention has become the best place to see the most innovative and creative companies whose products and concepts span every aspect of the nightclub and bar world.”
2012 NCB Show Highlights
Vibrant nightlife events, a rocking exhibit hall, and interactive education both in the classroom and on the show floor are all part of what keeps the hospitality industry professionals coming back year after year. Highlights from the show included:
- Jon Taffer, star of Spike TV’s “Bar Rescue” and president of the Nightclub & Bar Media Group gave an exciting keynote speech entitled “No Excuses: Taffer’s Simple Science of Success.”
- Toby Keith attended the show with Wild Shot Mezcal and participated in the ribbon cutting ceremony to open the exhibit floor. Taffer conducted an interview with Toby Keith at the Wild Shot Mezcal booth.
- Pauly Shore gave one of the keynote speeches and discussed growing up at The Comedy Store.
- Lil Jon was the guest DJ at the opening Platinum Party at XS in Encore.
- Ne-Yo attended the show with Malibu Red and hosted the Top 100 Platinum Party at Marquee Nightclub in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- Heineken had a significant presence on the show floor with the debut of their new Passion 4 Beer Program.
- MillerCoors rolled into NCB this year with the first ever 50-foot MillerLite Sports Bar on wheels.
- Beam, Inc. provided attendees with over 1,500 sq. ft of their great brands, including new Red Stag Spiced, Pucker lemonade flavored vodka and Skinny Girl Cosmo.
- Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson attended the show with Street King and participated in an interview with Taffer on the show floor. Street King also sponsored the final Platinum Party at TAO in The Venetian which Jackson also attended.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey’s Theresa Giudice made an appearance at the show with her new original drink, Fabellini.
- Dennis Rodman attended this year’s show with GTOX, a hangover blocker and hangover cure.
- Many celebrities attended the show and walked the red carpet including Andrew Dice Clay, Anthony Cools, Chippendales, Coolio, Dennis Rodman, DJ Lady Tribe, J-Kwon, Joe Cortez, Kaya Jones, Mosaic (MTV Pop Group), Playboy Model Kali Ann Mass, and Pauly Shore.
- Spike TV’s “Bar Rescue” had a huge presence at this year’s show including hosting the first happy hour with Jon Taffer at LAVO in The Palazzo.
Several on-site vendors provided the following comments on this year’s Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show:
- "From the overwhelming positive comments by retailers who visited our expanded booth at this year's NCB Show we hit a home run. Our retailers were pleasantly surprised by the size of our booth as well as the interactive elements, models and sampling of the portfolio of the Pabst brands. We are pleased with the traffic, exposure and visibility generated by this year's show and we are looking forward to next year's show.” Bill Fehneman, Area Sales Manager for Nevada, Pabst Brewing Co.
- “As our first time at the Night Club and Bar Show we introduced Bruvado’s line of quality Mexican Beer and choice of 100% Agave Tequila or 4 four year old Kentucky Bourbon with our collectable shot glass’s in our one of kind 5pack/10 drink package and patented serving tray. The buyers and night club owners at times were four deep at our booth with non-stop asking…how can I order? Not to mention they were amazed of the great taste of our beer and quality of our spirits. The line to sample our Michelada ‘Make it Your Way’ felt like it never stopped. I guess they liked my recipe. You can count on us coming back next year with a booth many times the size of what we had. For Bruvado, we hit it out of the park and the endorsements gave us what we wanted to hear.” Scott D Gold, founder and CEO, Bruvado Rocks.
- "SXLiquors was absolutely thrilled to have been a major sponsor of the show, which was an interesting, fun and incredibly well-run event. We specifically chose the Nightclub and Bar Expo to launch our new line of vodkas and infused tequilas because this event brings together a critical mass of the national leaders in our industry. SXLiquors thought that this year's show was exceptional, and the momentum that we created here is something we intend to build upon throughout the rest of the year. There is simply no better place to unveil new products than the Nightclub and Bar Expo." David Knight, CEO, SXLiquors.
- “The nightclub and bar show is professionally run and we were impressed by how helpful the staff and security were throughout the event experience. We were thrilled to debut the new Malibu Red to a target rich audience of bar owners and bartenders. Thank you NCB!” Anna Battiloro, Senior Brand Manager, Malibu Rum.
- “Nightclub & Bar was the perfect opportunity to showcase Avión and network with thousands of fantastic owners and operators from all over the country. Thanks to the event organizers for a job well done!” Adam Gold, Brand Manager, Tequila Avión.
About Nightclub & Bar
The Nightclub & Bar Media Group provides information and resources for owners and managers of bars, nightclubs, independent and chain restaurants, hotels, resorts, and casinos. Its leading content found on nightclub.com includes coverage relating to beverage training, staff and management issues, operations, responsible service, equipment and cutting-edge promotion and marketing practices, as well as in-depth analysis of on-premise drink, product and consumer trends. The group's e-newsletters are targeted to specific segments within the on-premise market and include NCB Promo Power, NCB Nightclub Confidential, NCB Mix, NCB Bar IQ and VIBE. The Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show is the country's pre-eminent beverage, bar and nightclub event which attracts more than 34,000 industry professionals.
# # #
Ron Hofmann / Steven Wilson
BWR Public Relations
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org