Workshops and Back of House Tours
Nightclub & Bar University
Workshops & Back of House Tours*
Four workshops were created for those individuals looking for an in-depth program above and beyond the full conference experience. These workshops bring even more business solutions to the table.
(*Separate registration is required and additional fees apply)
Jon Taffer, President, Nightclub & Bar Media Group
Often called, “The Holy Grail” of the business, this program will forever change the way you market and run your operation. Jon Taffer, internationally renowned consultant, past Operator of the Year and Property of the Year recipient, and President of the Nightclub & Bar Media Group, has taken his famous program to a new level that your competition will hate. Join Jon and learn his famous tricks for building powerful guest reactions and the secrets of his renowned revenue programs that will take your business to the Promised Land. You will master effective hiring and training, learn to implement more than 25 long-term high profit promotions and have the tools you need to launch monster neighborhood marketing techniques.
Bob Brown, President, Bob Brown Service Solutions
Bob’s tactical practical approach helps restaurants, hotels, clubs, casinos and other prestigious hospitality organizations increase sales, improve market position, improve leadership skills and boost employee morale and retention. Bob’s content rich, results oriented, inspirational presentations are packed with proven takeaways. This session will teach you:
· What it takes to build a hospitality A-team
· The Art of Respectful Phrasing: focusing on the positive works!
· Handling Guest Complaints to build repeat business and add dollars to the bottom line
· How to create an environment to keep your guest coming back
· Service Dazzlement: moving from good to great.
Maria Miranda, Creative Director and Social Media Advocate, Miranda Creative, Inc. - Strategic Communications
· Do you currently have a Facebook page but are struggling to attract fans?
· Are you confused about applications and how to use them effectively?
· Have you run Facebook ads with poor results or need help in running your first ad?
· You have fan insights: great, now what?
Get answers to these questions...and more at this fun and engaging presentation. Maria and her team have helped businesses across the US establish Facebook pages to connect with their customers, develop new customers and grow their businesses. In this session you will gain hands-on knowledge to make the most of this leading social media, now boasting more than 500 million users. Learn about recent developments, tactics for fan recruitment, custom applications, and development and how to share and monitor all social media.
* Need more help? Maria will be available for one-hour consultations at a time/location to be announced during the presentation.
Robert Plotkin, Beverage Consultant, Author and Trade Writer, BarMedia
Jack Robertiello, Beverage Writer, Consultant and Educator
This invaluable management program is guaranteed to help you realize significantly more profit from your bar. Presented by veteran beverage consultants Jack Robertiello and Robert Plotkin, the 3-hour workshop will teach you how to protect cash flow and eliminate financial black holes behind the bar. Discover how to avoid getting ripped off, as well as ways to lower your pour costs, analyze bartender productivity, implement effective cash controls and get the most bang for your labor dollars.
You will also learn how to increase sales in a down economy and boost revenue. You’ll take away scores of field-tested, easily implemented strategies for increasing profitability without raising drink prices, building all-important repeat business and improving the style and appeal of your beverage line-up.
Back of House (BOH) Tours*
Monday, March 7 – 2:00 – 5:00 PM
Las Vegas is home to some of the nation’s most leading-edge nightclubs making it the perfect setting for the Nightclub & Bar Back of House Tour. Don’t miss this opportunity to visit three of Las Vegas’ biggest and most exciting mega clubs.
- TAO is consistently voted the #1 club in Las Vegas and it is a truly unique venue. This ultimate nightlife facility offers stunning views of the Las Vegas Strip, gorgeous go-go dancers, state-of-the-art audio and lighting systems, and two main rooms each featuring varying music formats.
- LAVO has quickly become a “must-go” destination for those who love great food, music, dancing and a high quality nightlife experience. Located directly on Las Vegas Boulevard, LAVO offers a multitude of indulgent entertainment experiences with over 20,000 square feet of space.
- Las Vegas’ newest and most highly-anticipated club – Marquee, opened December 31, 2010. Marquee, at the Cosmopolitan was developed by the partners behind the hugely successful TAO and LAVO, boasts 63,000-square-feet indoor and outdoor space and cost more than $50 million. Attendees will be able to experience first hand the lighting systems, sound systems, design elements, seating plans and all four areas (including the Dayclub, Main Room, Boom Box Room and Library Room) that keep this venue entertaining guests all day and night!
Las Vegas boasts the largest hospitality venues in the country! Discover what it takes to keep Mandalay Bay, one of the largest properties in Las Vegas, operating efficiently for profit and a first class guest experience. From the uninhibited to the unconventional, Mandalay Bay offers some of the most unique experiences on the planet.
Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to get a behind-the-scene look at the following Mandalay Bay venues:
- Fleur Restaurant – where Top Chef Master Hubert Keller tastefully presents the world’s finest tastes gathered from around the globe on small plates.
- STRIPSTEAK – with its classic menu, inviting bar scene and sophisticated atmosphere, STRIPSTEAK plays host to guests looking for the perfect filet in a modern alternative to the traditional steakhouse setting.
- Mix Lounge – This fashionable hotspot is one of the most stylishly hip lounges around. Offering stellar cocktail concoctions, an innovative bar menu and a seductive blend of music, every night turns into an event.
- Eyecandy Sound Lounge & Bar – located in the center of Mandalay Bay’s casino floor, eyecandy sound features unrivaled technology that will redefine the Las Vegas nightlife experience.
- Attendees will also get a look at the liquor and wine warehouses that keep Mandalay Bay’s finest establishments stocked and ready for the next guest that walks through the door.
(*Separate registration is required and additional fees apply)
Buses begin boarding at the Las Vegas Convention Center Central Hall Shuttle Bus Area at 1:45pm and depart promptly at 2:00pm. Buses will return to the Convention Center at 5:00pm.